Amani Kamili Chardonnay/Viognier 2010
Technical Analysis
: Carmen Stevens
Main Variety : Chardonnay
Alcohol : 13.5 %vol
pH : 3.34
RS : 3.9 g/l
Total Acid : 6.8 g/l
Volatile Acidity : 0.45 g/l
SO2 : 134 mg/l
Free SO2 : 25 mg/l
Appellation : Stellenbosch
Type : White
Style : Dry
Body : Full
Taste : Fragrant

4 Stars - John Platter 2011
Tasting Notes
e Amani Kamili 2010 is a fusion of Chardonnay and Viognier grapes grown on Amani Vineyards. The Kamili 2010 shows lovely peach skin flavours that are fused with lime, coriander and leesy fullness. Palate entrance shows a milky fullness that is refreshed by lime fruit. This wine has good concentration of fruit which is balanced by the fresh mid-palate acidity, good oak usage and a sweet mid-palate. The wine lingers with a peach skin express on the after palate.
Blend Information
55% Chardonnay, 45% Viognier
Food Suggestions
Serve very chilled.
In The Vineyard
Soil type: Klapmuts and Clovelly.
Location: Polkadraai Road, Stellenbosch
About The Harvest
Hand picked at 22.5° - 23° B from 11 and 14 year old Chardonnay vines.
Hand picked at 25° B from 7 year old Viognier vines.
In The Cellar
Both the Chardonnay and Viognier grapes were bunch sorted and whole bunch pressed for minimum phenolic extraction. On the Chardonnay 40% of the juice was cold settled overnight while the other 60% was taken directly to barrel after pressing. The Viognier was settled for 4 hours then transferred to barrel. The Chardonnay portion relies on only natural acid. Viognier was inoculated after the spontaneous fermentation kicked in to benefit from both styles of ferments.

Maturation: The wine spent 9 months on lees with 9 % in new French oak and 21% in second fill barrels.

Other Vintages
Amani Kamili Chardonnay/Viognier 2010 Carmen Stevens Chardonnay
Amani Kamili Chardonnay/Viognier 2010 Carmen Stevens Chardonnay
Amani Kamili Chardonnay/Viognier 2009 Carmen Stevens Chardonnay
Amani Kamili Chardonnay/Viognier 2008 Carmen Stevens Chardonnay

Divine Wine for Substainable Production More about Enviro Wines
Join our Facebook page Follow us on twitter PAIA Manual
Tel: +27.713628257      Email:  
Poladraai Road, P.O. Box 12422 , Die Boord, 7613, South Africa